Thursday, April 5, 2012

Bow tie Quilt for a Special Someone

HI! Here is my first post!  I have been working on a new quilt for about a week now, just cutting fabric and making my bow tie blocks.  I am using Summerlove fabric by Pat Bravo (OMG! this fabric is beautiful), quilters linen in beige and some pure elements by Art Gallery.  I had to order some more of the quilter's linen, so it may take a little longer.  This will be my third quilt, here is a picture of my first quilt:
I hand quilted it, which took me about 5 months to complete.  I used Joel Dewberry fabric and some other fabric from a yardsale (score)!  I love finding fabric for real cheap, like a thrift stores.  My second quilt is still not complete, I started free motion quilting it, but am having trouble with my cheap singer machine, so I am waiting for my new machine I hope to get on my birthday in 23 days!  Not sure what I'm gonna get but I fell in love with a Janome 3160qdc, the other day! here is a photo over my unfinished quilt I am making for my son Taj, it has about 18 appliqued trees all over it!

Thanks for reading, have fun sewing!   Amanda

No comments:

Post a Comment