Thursday, October 18, 2012

Wonky Star

Wow, I have been working on a lot of different things lately.  Taj just turned 2 and we threw him a little  birthday party, which was a a lot of fun.  There was some badminton playing, some croquet, some beer drinking, some skinny dipping (for the two 2 year olds) and some vegan and non vegan snacks.  The weather is still gorgeous here it has been in the 90's, so we spend most of our days digging dirt and riding tricycles.  But soon the rain will come and we will spend many hours indoors.  Anyways on to the crafty stuff.  I am in love with this wonky star block. I just whipped up these blocks, I used this tutorial: Wonky Star.  I am making it into a baby quilt and using leftover Joel Dewberry Heirloom scraps I have leftover from a previous quilt.

 Oh my I love this block, so easy and you can make it so many different ways.  I have so many ideas!

 Here's a peek at another baby quilt I am working on, just have to bind it.  I used the stacked Coins tutorial from Moda and the fabric is Thomas Knuaer Flock and the brown orange is a yardsale find from my wonderful mother.



Here's a look at Taj's blanket I have been knitting for him.  I am taking my time with this one:)
Thanks for looking! Amanda


No comments:

Post a Comment